

I've always loved lavender. I put the oil on anything and everything. (My grandmother has the same passion for WD40, she once told me she put it on everything but her toes!) So when I heard about the lavender farm in Upcountry, Maui I really wanted to visit.
Upcountry on Maui is such a treat on its own. It has that summer feeling that I'm always looking for in places--wide-open, wild, horses, honeysuckle, slightly unkept, sun-drenched, a little bit lazy, a little bit tended (you can find this feeling on country roads in Virginia particularly if you're on a swimming hole adventure).
The lavender farm was spectacularly peaceful. If you ever find yourself on the subway needing to imagine somewhere far far away, I'd suggest lavender mountain.
6 comments:
wow, what a stunning view! looks like a dream. i will definitely be thinking of lavender mountain today.
hope you guys are doing well.
love the new look for the blog, linds. and lavender mountain is inspiring to every office worker!
thanks handy.
i'm already planning the blog posts about sweden! amazing country. really we've got to plan a move here. you'd love it. we're seeing your brother so soon. in face i'm supposed to be planning paris right now, but instead i'm sneaking all the fun stuff...
I brought Danny a bottle of lavender in the hospital and he slathered himself up!
what a thoughtful friend! seriously lavender is healing in so many ways, especially when mixed with coconut oil.
I was looking for your unicorn horn when I saw the pic of you running through the lavender field!
Post a Comment